Ok I'm gonna be honest with you guys. My "friend
" doesn't have sexsomnia... I do.
I didn't even know I had sexsomnia until I met my current girlfriend. The first clue: I would wake up in the middle of the night, and I would be having sex. Awesome, I thought... my girlfriend must be super horny to start things up while I'm sleeping.
It started to become obvious that something was going on when I would wake up and not remember having sex the night before. Let me repeat that: I would wake up and not remember having sex the night before!!!
That's when I realized that this was a real problem... what's the point of having sex if you can't remember it? It's like I was roofie'ing myself every night!
The Top Five reasons sexsomnia is a problem:
- Say my mom visits and I fall asleep. I'm just going to stop there.
- If you go to bed mad and then you initiate sex while sleeping... you kinda lose the argument (whatever it was).
- Birth Control. It's hard to remember condoms when you're sleepwalking (sleepsexing?).
- If you don't remember having sleep sex... you may try to initiate conscious sex later. It's like your conscious mind has to compete with your subconscious mind to see who can have more sex!
- Did I mention my mom vising??!
I don't know what the cure is for sexsomnia... except, I've noticed that I sexsomnia less when I've been having sex.
So... the only real treatment for sexsomnia is more sex. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!