How many times do you use a public restroom in a day? At the mall, in a restaurant, or at the movies are a just a few examples of places I usually find myself having to pee. And when I approach the stalls, I automatically enter this default-mode where certain rules are to be followed:
1) Eyes straight ahead and focused on the wall in front of me; never shifting sight left or right.
2) Allowance of at least one stall between myself and another restroom occupant, preferably two if available.
3) Conversation is extremely limited, even if a friend happens to be relieving himself at the same time.
4) Never flush, not wanting to touch the stall handle and the infinite number of germs collected on it.
5) Always wash my hands, using the paper towel to handle the door and exit the restroom.
6) Never go number 2 in a public toilet, unless in dire need.
Now, are these unspoken rules followed by every guy entering a restroom, or is it just me being neurotic?? And do women have a similar set of restroom etiquette?
This question reminds me of the old movie 'Just One Of the Guys', about a high school girl who poses as a man for an article she's writing in the school paper. If you haven't seen it yet, go rent it. It's full of laughs and that old nostalgic feeling I seldom get these days.